Hey, I'm Thomas van der Molen.
Systemic Self-Leadership Coach, Change Facilitator, Poet
My mission is to help people develop the self-leadership skills they need to effectively initiate and navigate complex personal, relational and organizational change processes for a more conscious, empathic, and sustainable world.
Born and raised in Amsterdam, I am currently based in Rio de Janeiro. Over the past 10 years I have learned and worked in different complex international settings - always with a strong focus on the people, relationship, and process side of things.
I love to see people develop a stronger sense of who they are and what really matters to them from the inside out, grow constructive and empathic relationships with the people around them, and embody the kind of change that they’d like to see in their lives.
For me, you yourself are the most powerful tool to facilitate positive change on a systemic level. Because whatever way you look at it: every act of leadership starts with the self.
In my experience as a teammate, manager, sustainability consultant, process facilitator, and self-leadership coach - it has become increasingly clear for me that: our human ability to deal with complex challenges, create positive change in any area of life, and contribute to a sustainable impact in the world around us, requires an authentic kind of self-leadership that starts with getting clear where you’ve been, where you are now, what really matters to you, where you really want to go or get, and especially how you will be and grow as a human being along the way.
Education & Certificates
- B.Sc in International Business and Management at the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences with a focus on international export development programmes in Latin-America,
- M.Sc. in Strategic Leadership towards Sustainability from the Blekinge Institute of Technology, Karlskrona, Sweden
- Certification as Integral Energyworker, Healer, and Reader from the INEEN School for Energywork in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
What else do I do?
- one of three co-founders of Sustainable Start, helping startups and incubators to integrate sustainability throughout their business model innovation process from a systemic perspective. Based on my Master thesis, we are developing an testing the Framework for Systemic Business Innovation
- a member of HUMANA, a growing "company that works like a network", focused on education, intelligence, communication, and consultancy for sustainability in Brazil
I write blogs about leadership development and create Poetry
Are Not ours
They are not Us
Are born Through us
For better And worse
In every Sense
Every first step, first word
Every first experience and expression
In every child
There is its Soul
Still Present in the whole
Come years, come time
Come time come space
Hard matter, soft feeling
In each Eye
And for me